Search Flex

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Final Goodbyes ( original poem created 2002 )

I ran into my room
after slamming my door
all I wanted was love
not anything more
I lifted my pillow
as I reached for my knife
in my heart I was ready
to take my own life
I slowly relaxed, as the blood poured
I wanted my mom, whom I truly adored
My head started to get light , and I began to daze
now I regret doing this , since I had straight A's
Sister do good , and don't follow your peers
keep your grades good because college is near
Brother-you know that you're the man
You will make it to the NBA, I believe that you can
Mother don't cry, you have my love
but now I must fly away like a helpless little dove
But really quick before I go,
there is one last thing Dad that you must know
Even though in my heart I never knew you
I still want to say that I love you too
                                                                                                - Tiffany Holden , 2002

*Some of you may have experienced suicidal ideations or the behaviors of cutting previously within your life. Others may have close friends or family members that have done this as well. Nevertheless, always remember- regardless of the situation, suicide is only a permanent solution to a temporary problem. So KNOW YOUR WORTH

2 comments:

  1. Every one needs to read this

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the 7th grade when I first wrote this poem, and amazingly I still rememeber it. If I can at least help one person, than I feel as though I did my part. Thank you for your response

    ReplyDelete